How to take care of your kidneys From Best Nephrologist in Hyderabad
1. Meet regularly with your doctor
Staying connected with your doctor, whether in-person or using tele-consultation will help
you maintain your kidney health.
2. Manage blood pressure and monitor blood glucose levels.
Talk with your doctor and learn about monitoring your blood pressure at home and check
your blood glucose level regularly if you have diabetes.
3. Take medicine regularly as prescribed and do not stop unless advised by the
Your doctor needs to know about all the medicines you take.
4. Avoid pain killers like ibuprofen and naproxen.
5. Aim for a healthy weight.
Create a healthy diet plan and consider working with your doctor to develop a weight-loss
plan that works for you.
6. Reduce stress and make time for regular physical activity
Consider stress-reducing activities like Yoga/meditation and get at least 30 minutes or
more of physical activity each day.
7. Make time for sleep.
Aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.
8. Quit smoking and Avoid Alcohol
If you smoke, take steps to quit.